A free webinar explains California’s new mandatory commercial recycling law… will you be in compliance?
If you run a business in California, then you are aware of California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006 (AB32). The act requires California to develop regulations that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions to 1990 levels by 2020. It is a hot topic for businesses and environmental groups. Some say it’s badly needed. Others fear the loss of jobs. Either way, businesses are going to have to comply and adapt.
One of the measures included in AB32 is a Mandatory Commercial Recycling measure. If it feels a bit overwhelming and confusing, most likely you are not alone. This month you can participate in a free webinar to specifically discuss the challenges and implications of the new commercial recycling law and how it will affect your business.
Join iReuse as it hosts a free webinar, New Mandatory Commercial Recycling Rule: Will You Be in Compliance?, on Tuesday, June 22, 2010 from 10:00 am – 11:00 am PDT.
In this complimentary webinar you will:
- Learn the implications of California’s new mandatory recycling law, when it goes into effect, and what it means for your business
- Find out how to be in compliance and benefit from the savings opportunities of increased diversion
- Identify the 7 steps of a successful waste reduction program
- Get tips from a case study showing how a leading Bay Area company turned waste reduction into reduced waste bills
- Tracey Harper, Integrated Waste Management Specialist and Contributor to AB32 Mandatory Commercial Recycling Measure, CalRecycle
- Tauni Swenson, Waste Diversion Program Manager, iReuse
- Tim Schmidt, (former) Facilities Coordinator, Autodesk
Register now and get a head start on California’s new mandatory commercial recycling law.
Follow Cindy Tickle on Twitter @ethicalbiz
Image Credit: Peter Kaminski via flickr under a CC license