The United Nations Environment Program, UNEP and the Society for Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, SETAC launched an International Life Cycle Partnership, known as the Life Cycle Initiative, to enable users around the world to put life cycle thinking into effective practice.
The value added of the Initiative are:
- To provide reliable information in an accessible format;
- To support good business practices;
- To contribute to continuous improvement;
- To prepare industry for better informed consumers;
- To ensure worldwide applicability and dissemination.