As Hotel Online reports, aloft, a new vision of Starwood Hotels and Resorts’ W Hotels, have announced details about their new "See Green" program. The "See Green" program was created to introduce and promote ecologically friendly products and services. Highlights of the project include:
- A landscaping plan that redesigns standard parking lots into outdoor park-like environments, with a variety of deciduous trees and shrubbery.
- Depending on the location, the plan also includes a grassy area known as the "backyard."
- Special area of parking spots that will be reserved specifically for hybrid cars, raising awareness of the benefits of environmentally friendly vehicles.
- Hybrid aloft "house car" at each location, available to interested guests.
- When guests want to tidy up their cars, they’ll be provided with eco-friendly cleaning agents as well as reusable cleaning cloths instead of paper towels.
- Guest rooms will feature eco-friendly dispenser units in the oversized showers. The dispensers hold shampoo/conditioner and body wash to reduce the use of non-biodegradable plastic materials.
- Laundry Facilities with Seventh Generation, eco-friendly detergent.
- The "splash" pool will be cleaned with Clarity Water Products or Sal-Chlor cleaning agents.
"Our vision is to empower each guest to make ecologically-responsible choices and to provide the operators the tools to help reduce our overall impact on the environment," says Brian McGuinness, vice president of aloft hotels.
Click here for the full story from Hotel Online
This tip came from IE reader Melinda Lewis, thank you Melinda!