Global Green USA, a national non-profit environmental organization is seeking a Senior Project Manager in New Orleans for our Louisiana Green Schools project. This position is a full-time, exempt employee position that includes full benefits. It is a 2-year position with the possibility of extension dependent on funding.
Global Green USA has just launched an effort to assist New Orleans and Southern Louisiana with incorporating sustainable design principles in school reconstruction. The three main components of this project are:
1) developing and implementing a green schools policy for the state of Louisiana;
2) seeding sustainable design principles in five existing schools in and around Orleans Parish and providing technical assistance with a primary focus on energy efficiency, solar power and indoor air quality issues and
3) establishing two green “showcase schools” in New Orleans.
– Minimum of 5-7 years Project Management experience
– Bachelor’s degree in related field
– Demonstrated ability to manage budget (in million dollar range)
– Demonstrated ability to manage staff and coordinate between multiple offices
– Strong communication skills
– Familiarity with the design, funding, and construction of schools or other public projects.
– Minimum of 2 years experience organizing public meetings, workshops and public outreach.
– Ability to network effectively and maintain productive working relationships.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to identify and work with a wide range of stakeholders.
– Computer proficiency (word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation capabilities).
– Must be New Orleans based.
– Experience in writing press releases and communicating with the media.
– Experience with regulatory issues in Louisiana
Qualified applicants should submit a resume, a brief cover letter describing their interest in this position, and 3 references via email to [email protected] . Submission deadline is February 1, 2007. Attn: Senior Project Manager– Louisiana Green Schools Project